The Allgäu-Orient Rallye is not just a fun rally, it pursues a social goal.
Every year, social projects are supported from the proceeds of the vehicles and other sources of the rally. A list of the most important projects can be found under this link.
In May 2016, BEX supported the project by sponsoring it and through the participation of an employee. The BEX team participated in the race with the vehicle “Orient-Taxi” and finished fourth.
There are rules of the game to consider, which have it in itself, as for example:
- only cars that are at least 20 years old or vehicles that are definitely not worth more than 1111,11 Euro will be admitted to the rally
- Use of navigation systems for route finding is prohibited
- Overnight stay only in the car, in the open air, in a tent or in hotels, which do not cost more than 11.11 Euro per night on average
- Vehicles remain in the destination country for a good cause
- Costs like car purchase, fuel, food, return flight etc. are paid by the teams themselves